Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2014

A collar helps

9/4

Finally get to church after a morning at a Department of Buildings hearing. Experience told me to get here before the doors open and get my file into the process. And to wear a collar. Always helps. I won an adjournment  until the end of October, the longest allowed. 

Then a meeting with Pastor Heidi where we reviewed where we are with food justice and decided with all the energy tied up with the upcoming Climate march, we need to wait until after the Jewish holidays, call our colleagues together, review what we had previously planned to do and then see what we still had  energy to do. And both of us would remain committed to the SWEAT campaign and that I would reach out to Jo Ann the organizer for an update. 

Russ is by and we go for lunch and another conversation  about congregational revitalization. He tells me how he got connected to the Wild Goose Festival through Peter Heltsel of New York Theological Seminary’s Micah Institute. (http://www.nyts.edu/the-micah-institute/). He found his sound and stage skills quickly in demand.

I share my conversation with Kristen. Russ has a reading list for me that includes Phyllis Tickle’s  Emergence Christianity: What It Is, Where It Is Going, and Why It Matter and Diana Butler Bass’ Christianity after Religion and Christianity for the Rest of Us. Somehow the conversation  winds around to Kurahara’s film version of Mishima’s Thirst for Love.

Russ is reviving his podcast show Love in a Dangerous Time, a title familiar to Bruce Cockburn fans.  or Burnheads, Russ says. (Would love to build a church that Cockburn would just have to come buy next time he is in town...) He invites me to be his first guest. We’ll tape tomorrow.










No comments:

Post a Comment