Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

What does the lord require of you?




3/8
I am I Phoenix with my colleagues from the Presbyterian Health, Education and Welfare Association. Our networks cover  all tne areas that touch West-Park in its daily life:
  • Addictions
  • AIDS
  • Serious Mental Illness
  • Disabilitites
  • Community Transformation
  • Domestic violence
  • Criminal Justice
  • Speciaiized ministries (chaplains)
  • Reproductive Options
  • Child Advocacy
And we now have a request from the Homeless network seekign affiliation. I have been aprt of this community for 36 years. for better and worse. It is among these people I first saw a vision of church that was not just an idea but a reality. That vision has guided eerything I have done in minsitry over all these years. Our defining Bible  verse is Micah 6: 6-8
“With what shall I come before the Lord,
    and bow myself before God on high?
Shall I come before him with burnt offerings,
    with calves a year old?
Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams,
    with ten thousands of rivers of oil?
Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression,
    the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?”
He has told you, O mortal, what is good;
    and what does the Lord require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
    and to walk humbly with your God?

            * * * * 

It is a good day for Zeljko. Today the Quad Cinemas in Manhattan signed the Second Meeting for a weeklong run in May and the New York Times has agreed to come and review the film. What he needs to be Oscar eligible. The next week he will have an opening in Los Angeles. This is God News.

             * * * * 
Strange to be in 80’ or more weather here when I knwo its still cold and wet back in New York. Wish I could sit across our dining room table and have a Budweiser with Zeljko.


No comments:

Post a Comment