Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2020

Living in Coronavirusworls 202: Suspended animation

 11/5




Morningside


Finding it harder an harder to go about my daily life. Take care of business. Constantly  checking the phone.  To check vote counts. Some have Arizona for Biden putting him within six electoral votes. Others keep him at 253. The waiting makes you crazy.


well, a little color

Take a long walk though the park, looking for color. It feels cool as darkness falls.


Finish the day in Mike Geffner’s “Inspired Word” Open Mic. Play a hopeful song, “Everything’s Going to be OK” and my “Open Mic Lament” or “Read the Room” song. Mike impressed that I wrote it. Good to hear from this impresario of the city’s Open Mics. 



                                                      "Everything's Going to be Okay"


I accept an invitation to play an extended gig at my neighborhood club. I put out a call to my band to see if anyone can join me and find that most of my bandmates are not ready to play in an indoor basement club. I get that. Still, an hour and a half is heavy lifting. I haven’t had more than a 30 minute set since March.



On the tonight show, Jimmy Fallon says it’s like waking up with a hangover and discovering you’re still in the bar. 


Who can sleep?


11/6


The sense of suspended animation continues. 


Spend most of the day working on my cd.  My spirits are lifted when I hear that a “preview” for Spotify has just gone live..something else to think about, feel good about…(https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/robertbrashear/robert-brashear-songs-vol2-2020 )


The count stays steady where it is. Biden now has taken the lead in both Pennsylvania and Georgia.  Either one and he’s in. 


As I walk, I worry about my mom in her rehab facility, my cousin with lung cancer, my cousin with breast cancer, my daughter in law’s father with liver cancer and my fried with Covid in the ICU.and now I hear my brother fell and is in the emergency room with broken humerus, Its enough already.  I work at trying to believe Biden may actually win. 


Silvana

My lead guitar player Mike changes his mind and decides to come join me at Silvana. I’m anxious about playing but happy for the diversion. We sit outside while the sound guy sets up. Because, of course, it’s outside. There are all of four people in the audience, but it’s a good chance to work through some stuff. Feels a bit eerie. Mike stays the whole show, which really helps. 


Virtual open mic

I’m no too for hosting an open mic but it turns out to be the best in months. My young stand up comic friend shows up. It’s good to be together. Watch a new series about radical abolitionist John Brown and too much CNN hoping for conclusion before finally heading to bed.


Tomorrow maybe? 





No comments:

Post a Comment