Pages

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

At least the day will end with flamenco


9/28

Coming up to the 86th street church door, I see a man stepping into the doorway. Somehow I know what’s going to happen. As he starts relieving himself, I yell, What....are...you...doing? He turns and looks at me. You’re pissing on a church!, I say.

It’s an abandoned building....

No it’s not, it’s open every day...there’s a restroom right down stairs for God’s sake...

(All the while keeping a steady stream going...) The door’s locked....

Look at the sign...

During regular business hours please use the Amsterdam Avenue entrance...yeah, well, but...

Does the sign say, step on up and pee on me? Would you do that anywhere else on this street? What’s up with that? Who’s going to clean this? People go in and out of here all day long...

I didn’t know...

I don’t care...you can’t do that, open closed, doesn’t matter...it’s a church...Jesus...

He finishes. Starts to walk away...Seriously, I say...He’s got decent shorts, a polo shirt, shoes....I don’t get it....

Inside, Steven is waiting for me with an update on the prep work for Zeljko’s screening, but I’m seething. Will take me a little time to calm down. I tell Steven the story. OK, he says, I’ll get Jay to get some bleach. 

Zeljko and family are arriving tonight. Still haven’t found theme an appropriate place to stay. One more stressing reality.

BUT....tonight we’ve got a group going to see Soledad and Noche in performance at John Jay. Got to root for the home team. Be there for our housemates.  It will be good to see what was created at West-Park brought to life on stage.  

Soledad

No comments:

Post a Comment