Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Living in Coronavirusworld 131: Storm winds blowing

8/4

Storm winds blew
Alway happy the day my cleaning lady comes.

Go to sit, have coffee and a croissant at my local coffee shop. But after a few minutes, the rain comes.  It comes harder and harder as I head home. Over the hours of the storm, I feel the wind howl and various popping sounds. Almost like fireworks. The storm stops.  And the sun comes out.

on the sidewalk
Late afternoon, sun shining again and hot.  Branches down in street heading into park.  And inside the park itself, whole trees down! Leaves and branches all round. 
into the street


tree down
trees down
trees down



A man show me how one seemingly healthy tree had been eaten out by termites so that when teh winds came, it couldn’t take the pressure, cracked and broke.

another memorial
They tell me over a million homes in New Jersey are without power.

* On Monday, I stayed out for several hours while our super set off a cockroach bomb. By night, they were back again. They’ll be here when we’re gone.
* In the park, in addition to the egret and the turtles, I watch for the boxer. She’s there almost every day with her trainer, an older round Latino guy.  She’s lean and wiry. Black hair pulled back. Black sports bra and shorts.  Taut muscles. Bobbing and weaving. Throwing punches. Shadow boxing. Every day. Wondering what she’s training for.

My Composers Concordance friends ahem another social bubble salon concert. This one a “Piano Theme.” I long to be I the same room with them.

Back to the storm winds. The fallen trees. The termite rotted core. Feels like a metaphor, 90 days from Election Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment