Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The seventh day of Christmas: Two bottles of champagne and a large painted plaster statue of the Virgin Mary


12/31
I’m concerned when I go to the church and find the door already open, lights on and Occupiers gathering. I had carefully deadbolt locked the door with Jason when we left last night.  Wonder if the boiler guys are there, but no. An old homeless guy in the bathroom....I have my ideas, but can’t know for sure. I share my concerns with Jason and Jeff. The Housing Work Group is meeting yet again. 
I run some errands, go home to check in with my family and go back to lock up. But the meeting is still rolling on. I share my concerns that propping the door open just doesn’t work for me. Back in my office, I find two bottles of champagne and a large painted plaster statue of the Virgin Mary. The champagne? Well, RL’s been here. I try to imagine RL and the intensely serious Occupiers. As for the Virgin Mary? Well, I just don’t know. 
Gather my champagne and head for a late afternoon coffee with Jane. Then head back to lock up. Short time before heading to Joe’s Pub to see Martin’s Noche Flamenca at Joe’s Pub. It’s New Year’s Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment