Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Living in coronavirusworld 16: No mask, no wash




4/7


the laundromat






My friend Jim’s 91 year old mother died last night. He never even got so see her, to say  goodbye.  For the first time I think about more than my mother’s isolation.  And am thankful they are imposing such tight rules.  I am not prepared to not say goodbye. This is really hard on people. 

                                                                                     ****

The 7 PM cheering lifts people’s spirits, help the feel connected. But I was told of a friend’s complex nearby where signs were posted saying, “Please, we are medical workers on the midnight shift. We need our sleep. Please no noise at 7.”  The noise continued.

                                                                                     ****

There is this effort to shower, get dressed, have some semblance of normalcy every day. I need to star cleaning. I take a load to the laundromat. There’s a new sign.”No mask, no wash.” So I pull out my outlaw bandana and that works. 
ready for the laundromat

                                                                                   ****
Loved that the theatre company name for the ZOOM festival was No Pants Theatre Company, We can still smile. 

                                                                                     ****

There’s an abandoned baby doll in the middle of the sidewalk. I find that poignant. And a bit unsettling. There must be a story.
there must be a story

                                                                                      ****

Chalked social distance spacing for the food pantry. Glad they are open again.
this way to the pantry

                                                                                       ****

Hate is not a word I use or feeling I want to hold. But Franklin Graham comes close. He makes his father Billy look like a Unitarian.  My anger over his anti-lgbtq weaponization of his charity offering of tents does not subside. An evil part of me fantasizes he gets the virus and gets saved by a gay doctor. 

word

No comments:

Post a Comment