Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Coronavirusworld 58: What we do


5/19

Thank you


Once again, after a heavy night of ZOOM, I want to stay “close to home,” which is funny, because that’s the only  place I am.  But in coronavirusworld, for me it means staying off of ZOOM and keeping to myself.  Sometimes I feel a bit lost in cyberspace and need to catch up with myself. 

                                                          Virtual Reality by Rusted Root

I think of what we do.. I do. To build a  bridge to  tomorrow. As in morning, not in any big picture romantic Orphan Annie tomorrow, just tomorrow. For now, that’s about as  far as I  can see clearly, even as we stagger towards the reopening of the city.

I’ve done some coloring. The New York Times thank you poster.  I haven’t done that in years. Work the Times Weekly crossword puzzle. Search all the cultural events available online and feel overwhelmed. Start some new personal growth exercises. Keep walking. And cooking. Go to the grocery store, go through the whole wait exercise just for a couple of items  I forgot yesterday.  It's more  than I’ve cooked in years. Ready to have people over. An Easter ham. Old Huntingdon ,Pennsylvania recipes, foods that remind me of my mom's home cooked meals. Sloppy joes. Two different chilis and Frito pie. And now a hamburger potato casserole and sausage sauerkraut noodle recipe. Start to read a new book. And yes, I’ll admit it, I binge watched Tiger King over the weekend. Once you start, you can’t stop. Oh, the humanity.

Work on tech issues for my concert. 

End the day with Arkansas, a quirky Cohen Brothersesque film. With John Malkovich and Vince Vaughn.   You can’t go wrong with one in movie, let alone two. It was a nice bookend to the Poughkeepsie Characters  performance I'd seen by a collective of young actors including the singular  young comic/performance artist from Hawaii, Julia Ogilvie.  

Spend a lot of time in the kitchen, The casserole tastes good. 
 I start to catalogue who I’ve got issues with, how that makes me feel. (Yeah, that's step 4). And then add for myself, what good came out of it anyways. 

Prep for my concert 

My neighbors hang on the front stoop. Talk about trying to figure out how to do a ZOOM doctors appointment. Talk about the pain of no funerals, not being able to say goodbye. Not being able to be with a loved one in the hospital. And how if yo've got a heart condition, no JimBeam, no dark liquor. Go for the lighter stuff. 

Some more prep for  tomorrow. It will be another day in  ZOOMworld.

No comments:

Post a Comment