Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

KIller sound, wifi, sketchy bathrooms and no heat


10/12
I come to the church after our clergy lectionary study and then  a clergy workshop on mindfullnes. It was helpful, though the part on mindful eating, slowly experiencing a strawberry and two grapes, might have gone  easier without the  box of Krispy Kreme donuts, including cream filled, on a  table so near by.
Things are  looking a bit scruffy on the steps. I find a paper bag with an empty Romanoff vodka bottle. 
Down to meet Jane at Starbucks. She's just back from a funeral in California.  There is much to talk about including the upcoming visit of the Daily News to West-Park this Sunday. At the end of our conversation, I bring her back to the church to hear the sound system.  For oldtimes sake, ie, remembering those Wooshed afternoons, I put on Michicant by Bon Iver. And it sounds every bit as good.   Jane is blown away..She calls up Jeremy and holds the phone opens so he can hear. I can’t wait to see what he would  with all this. 
I tell her what I said yesterday: killer sound, wifi, sketchy bathrooms and no heat. 
On Janes phone is a picture of me bending over to talk to one of the guys on the steps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment