Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2020

Living in coronavirusworld 222: Enough

12/4




December night



A cold and wet day. Unpleasant to be out.


When my friend and I meet, we find our favorite place, the Gate, has reached its capacity. So we sit in the outside. Somewhat amazed that it’s December and we’re still outside. An hour is enough as the cold begins to sink in. 


At our virtual Open Mic, I discover I have lost another friend. Here I what I posted on Facebook:


OK. So tonight I just learned of the death of another friend. Another Yalie of my era. Another musician. My age. A weekly participant in our open mic. We hosted each other in shows at the late lamented Sidewalk Cafe. He hosted the Yale (virtual) Cabaret and invited me on. I've now lost 3 friends in 3 weeks. Enough. And still Pompeo invites 900 to a holiday party. And the New York City Young Republicans host 300 to a party. It's not about you, idiots, you are killing US. And you don't even care. Just get them out. Get them out. I'm tired of mourning...


It really is enough. As we enter into what will be a difficult winter, the politicization of pandemic response is obscene lunacy.  To me it is incomprehensible.  And still we die.





No comments:

Post a Comment