Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2020

Living in coronavirusworld 190: The value of a second opinion and keeping sane

 







Please....(Wadleigh High School)

0/15


A beautiful sunny day. Meet up with two friends at a local coffee shop. Sitting outside enjoying a latte and croissant. Both musicians, including my rabbi friend. And both  are frequent collaborators. We talk about Mike’s new web comedy/horror series. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrGZiY4F8Uk) and music production as I’m working on my next release. This is a way to feel normaler. To keep sane. And avoid awhile what inevitably commanders our conversation, namely the upcoming election and the  deep dread…and hope…that comes with that conversation. Later, I’ll meet up with another friend for late afternoon drink and conversation, Her film, Compassionate Release,  is currently paying in the Chelsea film festival. (https://www.chelseafilm.org/) They had their opening night gala last night, of course with no traditional red carpet. So it is these days. We talk about her auditions and her recording. As the sun goes down and the air chills. A day spent with friends beats any other kind of day in coronavirustime.


I’m wearing a t-shirt that declares from “Lament to Hope” referencing Lamentations : 20-21.


Oh…we also talked about my relearning the importance of second opinions. The Apple genius desk had told me my iMac pro would  cost almost $500 to repair. So I went to a indy Tech store in Chelsea. The tech guy checked “preferences” and found a “mute” button had accidentally been switched. Push a button, fixed. Free. (He also liked  my demo which had popped up when he was checking for sound...a good sign.....)


10/16                              


The big event of the day is the tech rehearsal for Sunday’s “Trans-Atlantic Song Swap:  Songs of Freedom and Stuggle" ..(https://www.facebook.com/events/1147512078976421 ). Performers from the US People’s Music  Network will team up with colleagues from the UK for a live ZOOM show streamed on  Facebook. I’ll be doing my Black Lives Matter song, How Long.....


The ongoing challenge is how  to keep my mom sane in quarantine in a rehab facility.                                                                                                                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment